It starts with the inside, because what you feel inside shows on the outside. My business mantra is “bringing out your inner beauty” and you certainly don’t have to break the bank to look and feel good.You are beautiful whether you believe it or not and regardless of what anyone else may have said to you.
While I believe in creating my own style because fashion and trends come and go, having knowledge of a few tips and trends for your makeup and your styling will help as a guide:
For your styling – not every colour will look good on you. Know and understand what works for you. Learn tips of how to highlight or conceal areas of your body to make you look chique and elegant. Make use of clothing shapes and patterns to assist with this and be effortlessly stylish.
Remember that the colour white tends to have an “expanding effect” while black has a slimming effect.
Current styling & image trends are the animal print, puffy shoulders, and blazers.
Remember, if you feel good on the inside, you will make an effort to look good on the outside because YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL and your image matters.
AS A CELEBRITY OR PUBLIC SPEAKER, YOU MAY HAVE ASKED YOURSELF SOME OF THE BELOW MENTIONED QUESTIONS:
- What if I don’t like wearing makeup?
- Are there specific brands of makeup that I should wear?
- Is it better to wear a suit or a colourful blouse?
Close to 21% of female speakers don’t feel nurtured, excited or taken care of in a speakers circuit.
My goal is to make the woman speaker feel nurtured, excited and confident when she delivers her keynote address.
Here is what you can do right now – answer these questions:
- What are your favourite speaking engagement outfits?
- Do you wear lip gloss or makeup to your speaking engagements?
- Do you wear high heels or flats to your speaking engagements?
I have assisted: –
- A TV Celebrity with her own TV Talk show. She is a Business Coach and owns her own Academy.
- An influential Motivational Speaker and Coach who is starting her own registered practice.
- An influential Radio Personality who is also a public speaker and runs several organizations that speak to women and the youth.
- A former government public figure who works widely with women and holds workshops and events on a regular basis.
Keep your makeup clean and suited for the event that you are going to. Your image matters because people see your outer being first before they hear what you have to say.
I always advocate for makeup looks that enhance your existing beauty. This therefore means that you need to understand the correct shades suited to your skin tone. A red lipstick shade is not the same on everyone & neither is a nude lipstick (you don’t want to wear the wrong shade here and end up looking “hungry”)
Current Makeup trends give us a guideline as to what to focus on but then I will tweak these and personalize the looks to suit your individual person. In 2020, the focus is on the eyes and therefore you need to ensure that you are wearing your eye shadow correctly and that it is appropriate for the event that you are attending in order to create the right impact. Classic makeup looks and lip colours such as red lipstick are still on trend in 2020.
One engagement that I was invited to was to speak to people in business, alongside Debora Patta, formerly of 3rd Degree. I started receiving invitations from organisations to speak to their teams on the topic of beauty and self-branding. I eventually made a decision to pursue this passion on a full-time basis and I have never looked back.